Excited to explore how faith can play a positive role in our nation's public life?
Click here for more information and to learn how to apply.
Director of Development
Interfaith Alliance seeks a full time Development Director based in its Washington, D.C., office, who will provide leadership, strategic initiative and management of all fundraising efforts, as well as create and manage programs to increase our support base among individuals, corporations, charitable foundations and other sources. Reporting directly to the president of the organization, this person will advise on how to maximize fundraising opportunities based on the organization's mission. The Development Director will be responsible for revitalizing the major donor program, expanding foundation giving and maintaining the direct mail, online giving and monthly giving programs.
About Interfaith Alliance
Interfaith Alliance celebrates religious freedom by championing individual rights, promoting policies that protect both religion and democracy, and uniting diverse voices to challenge extremism. As religion plays an increasingly prominent role in American politics, preserving the boundary between religion and government is more vital than ever.
- Plan, implement and administer all fundraising programs and activities of the organization, including working directly with and soliciting new donations from major donors and foundations; managing direct mail, online giving, workplace giving, and monthly giving, and planned giving; and planning and managing annual fundraising event
- Devise and execute an annual fundraising plan and budget
- Oversee Membership Services, including corresponding with donors and updating their contact information as needed, processing credit card donations, maintaining the monthly giving program and acknowledging gifts
- Produce and provide periodic detailed accountability reports about the organization's fundraising operations
- Produce innovative proposals, sponsorship invitations, and requests for grants
- Work with communications staff to prepare and produce all printed materials and online and email communications related to fundraising
- Engage and work with the president and board of directors to solicit and cultivate major donors, including serving as lead staff member on the Interfaith Alliance Development Committee
- Participate as a team player on the staff and actively contribute to discussions around broader organizational programs and priorities
- Provide regular fundraising reports
- Maintain the donor database and coordinate data requests for direct mail
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- 5-plus years successful experience in all areas of development
- Demonstrated success in major donor relations and management
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of and skills in software programs such as ROI Solutions and the Salsa platform preferred but not required.
- Commitment to the mission of Interfaith Alliance
How to Apply