Faith communities are powerful agents for social change. As we move into the next phase of the COVID-19 pandemic, faith leaders are critical advocates for vaccination and public health measures. Now’s the time to #PlayOurPart.
Join people of all faiths and none across the country in voicing our shared commitment to public health. The decisions we make out of care for one another – to get vaccinated, to mask up, and follow the guidelines – will make the difference for the people we love and for our communities. But throughout the pandemic, the Religious Right and their allies have resisted that lifesaving measures that would stop the spread of COVID-19. These commonsense measures have been under consistent political attack and, as many schools return to in-person learning, it’s students and teachers who are most at risk.
The #PlayOurPart campaign amplifies the ability of everyday people to act as examples of true leadership. Now is the time for people of faith to use our prophetic voices to save lives.
Vaccines are available for everyone over age 12 and are free. Here are three ways to find vaccines near you:
- Go to vaccines.gov
- Text your ZIP code to 438829
- Call 1-800-232-0233
Interfaith Alliance is a proud member of the COVID Community Corps, in partnership with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Learn more.
Raise Your Voice – It’s Time to #PlayOurPart
Central to every faith community is the obligation to care for one another. In our homes, our schools, and our religious institutions we protect the most vulnerable when we abide by public health guidelines. Join members of the Interfaith Alliance network from across the country as we all #PlayOurPart. Download the complete social media toolkit.
Get the word out! Here are a few sample social media posts that you can use to join the campaign:
- As people of faith, it’s our responsibility to look out for one another. That means getting vaccinated and following public health guidelines. Let’s all #PlayOurPart to prevent the spread of #COVID19.
- Public health shouldn’t be political. But the Religious Right is manipulating the #COVID19 pandemic for their own gain. As people of faith and conscience, we must #PlayOurPart to protect our communities.
- TAKE ACTION: Together, faith communities can stop the spread of COVID-19 if we all #PlayOurPart by continuing to follow CDC guidelines and encouraging others to protect themselves.
- People of faith can be powerful agents of change. This fall, let’s #PlayOurPart to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Interfaith Alliance works to advance an inclusive vision of religious freedom, protecting freedom of belief for people of all faiths and of none. Learn more about true religious freedom for all.